Michael has put up some great generators recently for monsters, characters, and locations. Allow me to extend the sincerest form of flattery by extending it to artifacts.
What did you use to create the generator? Is the comment above the ‘data file’ for it? Also, a request: would it be possible add an input for a number of results to generate? It’s a nice generator, and things like this I find can often help inspire miscellaneous thoughts when it comes to world design — especially if you can generate a list and be able to look at all the items generated together.
The code should work in Abulafia, Tablesmith, or Paper Elemental's generator, which I used to create the pushbutton.
I've also made some quick changes to the code so it doesn't get rid of old results. I could have it give an option to generate n results, but that would be more work, so I just went with the lazy option! Either way, hope you get some use out of it.
Thanks for doing that. It works well, actually. Doing one at a time, you see the list grow, it sparks ideas as you go. This is a result — and I’m very pleased with it. Takes me in so many directions I wouldn’t have gone just musing. Nothing wrong with just musing either, but it is great to have extra creative options in the toolkit.
code:
ReplyDelete1,[condition] [descriptor] [artifact]
;condition
1,gargantuan
1,miniscule
1,dilapidated
1,brand-new
1,time-displaced
1,illusory
1,shoddy
1,cursed
1,baroque
1,booby-trapped
1,false
1,sentient
1,radioactive
1,autopoetic
1,viscous
1,fleshy
1,gelid
1,haunted
1,half-completed
1,stone-hewn
1,pestilential
1,hungry
1,self-replicating
1,invisible
1,gaseous
1,polychromatic
1,misenchanted
1,waterlogged
1,disenchanted
1,hypothetical
1,infamous
1,self-assembling
1,misidentified
1,indestructible
1,fragile
1,blueprint for
1,component of
1,originless
1,obscene
1,fulgurating
;descriptor
1,abyssal
1,astral
1,alchemical
1,aquatic
1,benthic
1,blood
1,bone
1,brain
1,cleansing
1,clockwork
1,corpse
1,crystalline
1,demonic
1,dimensional
1,dream
1,dwarvish
1,elvish
1,empyreal
1,faerie
1,floral
1,ghost
1,glass
1,meteoric
1,mithral
1,orcish
1,paradox
1,paper
1,ringwoodite
1,serpent
1,slime
1,spirit
1,straw
1,tentacle
1,thunder
1,truth
1,wooden
;artifact
1,analytical engine
1,atlas
1,armor
1,baetylus
1,battery
1,bauble
1,bestiary
1,blade
1,blevis
1,brazier
1,cage
1,calendar
1,cannon
1,catholicon
1,chariot
1,coffin
1,crown
1,drill
1,forge
1,game
1,gate
1,generator
1,goblet
1,golem
1,grimoire
1,hammer
1,helicopter
1,idol
1,lens
1,lesemysterium
1,loom
1,mask
1,mirror
1,organon
1,orrery
1,oven
1,robe
1,solvent
1,submersible
What did you use to create the generator? Is the comment above the ‘data file’ for it? Also, a request: would it be possible add an input for a number of results to generate? It’s a nice generator, and things like this I find can often help inspire miscellaneous thoughts when it comes to world design — especially if you can generate a list and be able to look at all the items generated together.
ReplyDeleteThe code should work in Abulafia, Tablesmith, or Paper Elemental's generator, which I used to create the pushbutton.
ReplyDeleteI've also made some quick changes to the code so it doesn't get rid of old results. I could have it give an option to generate n results, but that would be more work, so I just went with the lazy option! Either way, hope you get some use out of it.
Thanks for doing that. It works well, actually. Doing one at a time, you see the list grow, it sparks ideas as you go. This is a result — and I’m very pleased with it. Takes me in so many directions I wouldn’t have gone just musing. Nothing wrong with just musing either, but it is great to have extra creative options in the toolkit.
Deleteautopoetic clockwork cage
fulgurating dimensional lesemysterium
dilapidated elvish cannon
gargantuan ringwoodite brazier
waterlogged slime generator
blueprint for meteoric crown
originless serpent chariot
disenchanted slime oven
false abyssal loom
waterlogged bone mirror
pestilential orcish coffin