diegetic monster statblocks (with attached generator)

A good statblock is glanceable, allowing the GM to quickly get the information she needs. Here's a shot at what that might look like for FKR-style or systemless treatments - though it's kind of a rough draft and I expect others will be able to iterate and improve. Very stupid monster generator attached!

2 comments:

  1. I really like the idea behind diegetic statblocks. Making them glanceable while still keeping them embedded in the fiction feels like a great fit for FKR or system-light play, where the GM needs quick cues rather than a dense mechanical breakdown. It also seems like a great way to keep the focus on the world and the creature’s behavior instead of on numbers. The generator is a fun touch too — sometimes those “very stupid” tools end up being the most inspiring when you need something strange on the fly. I’d love to see how this format evolves with a few more examples in play.

    ReplyDelete